Hourly Rate: £8.47
Days: 5 Days out of 7
Hours: 39 Per Week
(Working schedules are non-contractual and are subject to change according to the needs of the business)
Ideally, you will have some supervisory experience worked within the food retail sector, preferable within a convenience store environment. You will have demonstrated an outgoing and friendly personality and be able to communicate and connect with customers. You will need to be a good team player, have a sound knowledge of the various aspects of the retail operation and be confident in voicing your ideas and issuing working instructions.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work additional hours as and when required to cover busy/peak trading periods and staff absence/holidays.
- You will have worked as a customer service assistant and demonstrated competence in the full range of duties associated with the position including till operation, stock and ordering/replenishment, customer complaint handling, receiving deliveries, price reductions and wastage recording, store standards etc.
- You will have a good understanding of the legal framework surrounding retail including age-restricted products, sale of goods act, pricing, food handling etc.
- You will have a natural flair with customers and be an advocate for excellent customer service.
- You will be comfortable and confident in handling cash and credit/debit card transactions.
- You will be confident supervising a team of customer service assistants as required which will involve issuing working instructions, conducting performance reviews/job chats, involvement in recruitment, induction training and coaching of colleagues, carrying out return-to-work interviews, assisting with tackling performance and conduct issues etc.
- You will also be required to deal with routine duties including shelf filling, stock rotation, ordering and general house-keeping.
- This position will also be a key holder and will take responsibility for the security of the premises when acting in the capacity of duty manager.
- Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this job in order to assist with deliveries and stock replenishment.
We offer a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts (after 13 weeks), 30 days holiday initially(inclusive of Bank and Public holidays) with additional days based on service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits.
Application details/Closing date
If you are interested please email your C.V or download an application form by clicking HERE and send to email@example.com quoting the relevant Job Ref No. Alternatively, you can hand in your completed application form to the store manager. If you have not received a response by the closing date you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in working for Radstock Co-operative Society.