(working schedules are non-contractual and are subject to change according to the needs of the busi
Due to the acquisition of new convenience stores and several internal moves, we are looking to recruit talented supervisors. The positions will be within the Radstock area, with the exact store to be determined.
We’ve been around a significant amount of time; this year we celebrate our 150th anniversary. So we’re looking to develop the next generation of committed and enthusiastic people for our future success.
Ideally, you will have some supervisory experience worked within the food retail sector. You will have demonstrated an outgoing and friendly personality and be able to communicate and connect with customers. You will need to be a good team player, have a sound knowledge of the various aspects of the retail operation and be confident in voicing your ideas and issuing working instructions.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work additional hours as and when required to cover busy/peak trading periods and staff absence/holidays.
Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Work experience as a customer service assistant
- A good understanding of the legal framework surrounding retail including age-restricted products, sale of goods act, pricing, food handling etc.
- Confidence in supervising a team of customer service assistants which will include issuing working instructions, conducting performance reviews/job chats, involvement in recruitment, induction training and coaching of colleagues, carrying out return-to-work interviews, assisting with tackling performance and conduct issues etc.
- This position will also be a key holder and will take responsibility for the security of the premises when acting in the capacity of duty manager.
- Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this job in order to assist with deliveries and stock replenishment.
In return we offer a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts (after 13 weeks), 30 days pro-rata holiday entitlement initially (inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays) with additional days based on length of service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, death in service subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits. If you aspire to develop a career within the society, there are various trainee schemes available.
Application details/Closing date
If you are interested please email your C.V or download an application form by clicking HERE and send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant Job Ref No. Alternatively, you can hand in your completed application form to the store manager. If you have not received a response by the closing date you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in working for Radstock Co-operative Society.