Store Manager Required
Radstock (Ref 137/18)
39 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days
We are looking for an experienced manager at our Radstock store. This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience of a new environment.
The usual competencies are required for this position in order to lead the team toward the achievement of financial targets and ensure compliance with statutory requirements and store standards.
The successful candidates will have the following qualities and skills:
- Strong leadership skills and team management
- A seasoned retailer with a good grasp of the operational requirements of running a store in a busy and thriving community
- Committed to achieving and sustaining excellent customer service standards
- Positive mindset and focused on solutions and improvements.
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Highly organized and proactive with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Good analytical skills and the ability to make sense of financial and complex information including profit and loss accounts, budgets etc
- Flexible approach to work and training
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Be prepared to transfer to stores within the Society’s trading area as the business dictates
- A good ambassador for the Society with a personal ethos aligned to the Society’s values and principles
- Personal Licence Holder (or able to obtain and hold a licence within 16 weeks of appointment)
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced store manager to apply their skills, knowledge and experience in a new environment and to be pivotal to the development of a team focused on building a loyal customer base.
We offer a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts (after 13 weeks), 30 days pro-rata holiday entitlement initially (including Bank and Public Holidays), with additional days based on service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits. Closing date 12/11/18.
If you are interested, please download an application form from our website at www.radstockcoop.co.uk. Please return the completed application form quoting the relevant Job Ref No. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to: Radstock Co-operative Society, Co-operative House, 3 Wells Hill, Radstock, BA3 3RQ.
If you have not received a response by 19/11/2018, you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.