Shepton Mallet Convenience Store
Job ref: 079/18
Rate of pay £8.90 per hour
39 hours per week
(Working schedules are non-contractual and are subject to change according to the needs of the business)
We are looking for a dedicated and highly efficient supervisor for our Chilcompton Convenience store.
Ideally you will have some supervisory experience worked within the food retail sector, preferable within a convenience store environment. You will have demonstrated an outgoing and friendly personality and be able to communicate and connect with customers. You will need to be a good team player, have a sound knowledge of the various aspects of the retail operation and be confident in voicing your ideas and issuing working instructions.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work additional hours as and when required to cover busy/peak trading periods and staff absence/holidays.
Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Work experience as a customer service assistant and demonstrated competence in the full range of duties associated with the position including till operation, stock and ordering/replenishment, customer complaint handling, receiving deliveries, price reductions and wastage recording, store standards etc.
- A good understanding of the legal framework surrounding retail including age-restricted products, sale of goods act, pricing, food handling etc.
- Be comfortable and confident in handling cash and credit/debit card transactions.
- Be confident supervising a team of customer service assistants as required which will involve issuing working instructions, conducting performance reviews/job chats, involvement in recruitment, induction training and coaching of colleagues, carrying out return-to-work interviews, assisting with tackling performance and conduct issues etc.
- Deal with routine duties including shelf filling, stock rotation, ordering and general house-keeping.
- This position will also be a key holder and will take responsibility for the security of the premises when acting in the capacity of duty manager.
- Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this job in order to assist with deliveries and stock replenishment.
We offer a contributory pension scheme, staff discount (after 13 weeks), 30 days holiday initially (inclusive of Bank and Public holidays) with additional days based on service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits. Closing date 24/11/2018.
If you are interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating the job reference number along with details of why you should be considered for the position. If you have not received a response by 01/12/2018, you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.