Supervisor Required (Ref 139/18) – Store to be determined
Rate of pay: £8.90 per hour
39 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days
Will include evenings and weekends
(Working schedules are non-contractual and are subject to change according to the needs of the business)
Due to the acquisition of new convenience stores and several internal moves, we are looking to recruit talented supervisors. The positions will be within the Radstock area, with the exact store to be determined.
Ideally, you will have some supervisory experience worked within the food retail sector. You will have demonstrated an outgoing and friendly personality and be able to communicate and connect with customers. You will need to be a good team player, have a sound knowledge of the various aspects of the retail operation and be confident in voicing your ideas and issuing working instructions.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work additional hours as and when required to cover busy/peak trading periods and staff absence/holidays.
Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Work experience as a customer service assistant
- A good understanding of the legal framework surrounding retail including age-restricted products, sale of goods act, pricing, food handling etc.
- Confidence in supervising a team of customer service assistants which will include issuing working instructions, conducting performance reviews/job chats, involvement in recruitment, induction training and coaching of colleagues, carrying out return-to-work interviews, assisting with tackling performance and conduct issues etc.
- This position will also be a key holder and will take responsibility for the security of the premises when acting in the capacity of duty manager.
- Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this job in order to assist with deliveries and stock replenishment.
In return we offer a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts (after 13 weeks), 30 days pro-rata holiday entitlement initially (inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays) with additional days based on length of service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, death in service subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits. If you aspire to develop a career within the society, there are various trainee schemes available.
If you are interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating the job reference number along with details of why you should be considered for the position. The closing date for this position is 18/11/18.
If you have not received a response by 25/11/18, you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.