Customer Service Assistant
Hourly rate: £8.38
Monday - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Tuesday - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Wednesday - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Thursday - 1:30pm to 5:30pm
16 Hours Per Week
(working schedules are non-contractual and are subject to change according to the needs of the business)
Are you passionate about customer service, a good team player, flexible and adaptable and willing to undertake the full range of retail duties from till operation to shelf filling? Then we want to hear from you.
Our customer service assistants are the face of the Radstock Co-operative Society and we rely on our highly skilled and dedicated team colleagues to exceed customer expectations through the delivery of exceptional service, great attention to detail and a sense of pride in our customer offering.
Applicants will need to demonstrate an outgoing and friendly personality with the ability to communicate and connect with customers. Experience of working in a customer facing or retail environment will be an advantage.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work additional hours as and when required to cover busy/peak trading periods and staff absence/holidays.
Duties will include some or all of the following:
- Stock replenishment, stock rotation, ordering & stock taking
- Instore Bakery duties
- Assisting with deliveries including manual handling duties
- Date & temperature checking,
- Dealing with price reductions, waste recording
- Merchandising, product displays
- Price-checking, checking country of origin/product description etc
- Maintaining a clean and tidy store and performing regular cleaning routines
- Till operation including processing debit/credit card payments, cash back, lottery, PayPoint transactions, Post office transactions, refunds, dividend points, ID checking for sale of age-restricted products etc
- Serving customers and attending to customers’ needs
Manual handling capability is an essential requirement for this job in order to assist with deliveries and stock replenishment.
We offer a contributory pension scheme, death in service benefit, staff discounts (after 13 weeks), 30 days pro-rata holiday entitlement initially (inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays), with additional days based on service, health cash plan subject to eligibility, staff uniform plus usual other benefits.
Application details/Closing date
If you are interested please email your C.V or download an application form by clicking HERE and send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant Job Ref No. Alternatively, you can hand in your completed application form to the store manager. If you have not received a response by the closing date you can assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in working for Radstock Co-operative Society.