PR & Communications Assistant
Permanent Full Time
Based at Radstock Head Office (Ref: 055/21)
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are an ethical co-operative convenience food retailer, with a 1000-acre dairy farm. We have a strong membership foundation which we seek to engage and increase. Radstock Co-operative Society has corporate social responsibility at its core and actively promotes fair trade status, setting us apart from other food retailers. We are an Investors in People employer with the silver standard and are continually developing our people strategy to motivate, develop and retain talent for the future.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to have a direct impact on the development and implementation of the Society’s PR & Communication strategies. We are looking for an experienced PR and communications assistant who is ethically driven, who excels when working co-operatively with others to achieve the delivery of exceptional communication both internally and externally.
This will be a shared provision, based in the HR Department, reporting to the HR Manager, supporting the CEO with PR projects. As the PR & Communications Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Developing content, such as copy writing articles, reports, and other types of content.
- Unify all messages and communications, internally and externally around our strategic plans, ensuring it remains consistent and engaging.
- Represent RCS at conferences, workshops, new store openings and events.
- Evaluate and review opportunities to improve RCS communication activities to ensure target audiences are being reached.
- Develop, create, and write content for Society members, action new applications and explore ways of developing engagement with the existing membership
- Develop and manage information on the website and support the use of social media platforms.
- Be the voice of the Society, responding to customer comments and feedback.
- Promote Corporate Social Responsibility, supporting stores at a local level and arrange Society charity donations, and publicity around these events.
- Draft content for press releases and proactively secure coverage, monitoring coverage and responding to press enquiries
- Develop, maintain, and produce strong internal communications, such as the colleague newsletter
- Review and develop the HR internal communication platform SharePoint to produce clear and concise information
- Support the HR Manager with the review of HR and Health & Safety internal forms so they are intuitive to the end user and in line with legislative requirements
The successful candidate will be someone who:
Is a confident and capable communicator who is approachable, resilient, with an enthusiastic and creative approach.
Is ethically driven and passionate about the co-operative model and the values and principles that underpin this movement.
Is looking for a great opportunity to make the role their own, working collaboratively to help drive this Society forward with the employees, membership, and communities it serves.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in a similar role producing press releases and internal communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent digital and social media skills
- Ability to tailor information for different audiences
- Efficient and highly organised, able to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solving skills and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under tight time pressures and produce quality content.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
We offer a range of benefits, such as a generous leave allowance that starts at 30 days increasing to a maximum of 37 days following the relevant years’ service. There is a comprehensive * Health Cash Plan available, * staff discount, colleague excellence scheme, death in service benefit, plus training and development opportunities.
*Qualifying periods apply
The role is based in the Head Office at Radstock just outside the beautiful city of Bath, the successful candidate will require a full driving license as there may be a requirement to travel as part of the role.
If you are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com