Post office services are available instore at Radstock Chilcompton, & Frome

  • About Us

Dividend card scheme

The more you shop, the more we share.

Join up now

History

  • Preliminary Meeting

    In March 1868 there was a preliminary meeting at the Workingman's Hall, Radstock to establish the Radstock Co-operative and Industrial Society

    Preliminary Meeting
  • New store in Wells Road, Radstock

    The Society starts trading from a new purpose built store at 3 Wells Road, Radstock, which is the location of the current head office.

    New store in Wells Road, Radstock
  • Membership cards

    An early example of the first membership cards

    Membership cards
  • 1910 tariff from the Society’s Restaurant and Confectionary shop.

    A reproduction of a 1910 tariff from the Society’s Restaurant and Confectionary shop.

    1910 tariff from the Society’s Restaurant and Confectionary shop.
  • The committee in 1923

    The committee in 1923 – back row E.E. Richardson, A Langley, W.J.Swift, O.Lewis, F.Barter, E. Lewis, S.Gay, T.H.Elford, F.J Gregory, S.Asman, T.Holvey (Vice-President)

    The committee in 1923
  • Original building at Chew Magna, 1924

     

     

    Original building at Chew Magna, 1924
  • Chew Magna in the 1930’s

     

     

    Chew Magna in the 1930’s
  • Rectory site of around two acres, in 1947

     

     

    Rectory site of around two acres, in 1947
  • Westfield store in 1955

     

     

     

    Westfield store in 1955
  • Radstock superstore, 1959

     

     

    Radstock superstore, 1959
  • 1868
  • 1877
  • 1893
  • 1910
  • 1923
  • 1924
  • 1930
  • 1947
  • 1955
  • 1959