RecipesBack to Recipes
Chilli & Candied Bacon Pancakes
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 150ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1 Co-op British egg yolk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160g Co-op plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10g Co-op unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 Co-op Irresistible smoked bacon
- 1 Co-op Avocado
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Add the milk, natural yoghurt, chili flakes and the egg yolk into a bowl, making sure the white is set to the side.
2. With a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and fluffy.
3. Using a large metal spoon, fold the whisked egg white into the batter.
4. With a medium low heat, add the tsp of vegetable oil and the butter into a non-stick frying pan.
5. With a medium heat, add the tsp of olive oil and the butter into another frying pan and fry the rashers until crisp.
6. Slowly drizzle the 2 tbsp of maple syrup over the bacon and cook for a further minute.
7. Peel, Stone and chop your Co-operative ripe and ready to eat avocado.
8. With a fork, lightly crush and stir the avocado with the tbsp of lemon juice
9. Add a quarter of the batter at a time and cook for 2-3 mins on each side, flipping in between.
10. Continue to cook the other 3/4 of the batter topping up with another tsp of vegetable oil if required.
11. Top the pancakes with the crispy bacon and a spoonful of avocado. If you like them extra spicy, add an extra sprinkle of chili
See the recipe video on the Co-Operative Food YouTube channel: