RecipesBack to Recipes
Poacher's Chocolate and Cherry Brownies
Serves 24 small squares
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150ml Badger Poacher’s Choice Ale
- 150g dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 150g plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 200g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 130g light brown sugar
- 65g light brown muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C, fan 170C, Gas 5.
- Line a 26cm x 16cm brownie or roasting tin with baking parchment.
- Place the butter, Badger Poacher’s Choice Ale and cherries in a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted and put to one side to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat together the sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract for 3 - 4 minutes until the mixture leaves a trail when the beaters are pulled out.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in the melted chocolate mixture, until just combined.
- Using a large metal spoon fold in the flour mixture, until just mixed.
- Pour into the tin and spread out before baking in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, a skewer should come out a little gooey when placed in the middle, don’t overcook them as they will continue to cook while cooling.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 24, and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tip: For a quick dessert, serve the brownies warmed topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce or warmed cherry compote.