VACANCY – HR Advisor
Salary £32-35k pa, dependant on experience
Fixed-term Contract – Starting as soon as possible and ending circa 31/07/2022
Based at Radstock Head Office (Ref: 032/21)
37.5 hours per week
We are a successful convenience food retailer who now requires a HR Advisor to provide up to 13 months maternity cover in its shared HR team.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified HR practitioner with strong ER background to showcase their experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment.
Reporting to the HR Manager, as the HR Advisor covering this period of maternity leave, you will be supporting the delivery of the day-to-day HR functions for the business, including but not limited to:
- Effectively contributing to the delivery of Key HR projects
- Pro-actively supporting the delivery of key strategic change management programmes, aligned with the wider business strategy
- Managing recruitment campaigns and compliance of the process including the internal and external advertising, providing managers with shortlisted candidates, producing offer letters, contracts in addition to onboarding successful candidates.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of all standard HR practices and procedures.
- Organising training activities and contributing to learning and development initiatives
- Reporting on key HR metrics and KPIs
- Providing professional HR advice and support to your client group including case management (sickness, disciplinary, performance management and grievance handling)
- Delivering and coordinating training campaigns to all client groups on key HR policies and processes
- Ensuring all changes to personnel are followed up diligently, making sure payroll are notified, accurate documentation is produced, weekly store Rota checking, and sickness records are recorded and updated in line with Society policy and legislation.
Ideally with CIPD level 5, or with similar business-related experience specifically on Employee Relations.
In addition, candidates for the role will be required to demonstrate that they have:
- Had at least 2 years previous work experience within a specific HR environment, in the same or similar HR advisory role
- A thorough understanding of HR processes and procedures, specifically in ER.
- Excellent IT skills, being fully conversant with software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- With close attention to detail, you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being confident at developing good relationships with both internal and external clients.
Able to work as part of a team or under your own initiative, you should be an organised, pro-active individual with a professional outlook and positive “can-do” attitude.
Candidates for the HR Advisor role, covering this period of maternity leave, will be required to hold to a full UK Driving Licence as the role will involve travel throughout the Societies multiple sites to meet business requirements.
If you are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com